From the Principal’s Office
Dear Merryhill Families,
I know, it’s hard to believe — but it’s here! We’ve made it through another year of fun, transition, and development. I stand in awe with how much these children have grown and progressed throughout the year. Even though I see it every year, I am still amazed with how remarkable these students are and what these teachers have accomplished. It is breath taking knowing what a difference we are able to make in these students lives, and I am honored that you chose our school to enjoy the journey with you.
This year we have received a brand new playground environment for BOTH younger and older students, brand new AC units, brand new bathrooms, new kitchen, new cabinetry, all new paint & flooring, stabilized the building for long term sustainability due to the drought, and increased security measures with the privacy fence around the playgrounds. Talk about a whirlwind year! I cannot think of a more deserving community to enjoy our beautiful newly renovated building. Our teachers, Merryhill families, and Davis community are one of a kind, and I am so blessed to be your school’s leader. I want to thank you for the opportunity to lead your child’s school for this past year and choosing us for the next year of care for your child.
As we say goodbye to our graduates and look to the new school year and new classrooms, I want to make sure the transition comes easily for us all. I have New Year Packets available at the front desk with a few annual papers to be completed and returned by Wednesday, June 15th. This paperwork is essential for licensing and proper student file upkeep. I appreciate your efforts to help us remain current with required documentation.
As always, please feel free to contact me at your convenience if you have any questions or comments. Thank you!
Jherica McEndree, Principal
Dates to Remember:
- June 10th — Father’s Day Celebration (3:00 PM)
- June 15th — Ice Cream Social (4:00-6:00 PM)
- June 16th — Last Day of School Year
- End of School Year Parties for 2016-2017
- Pre-K 1 & 2 Park Play Day
- Pre-K 1 & 2 Graduation & Reception (5:00 — 7:00 PM)
- June 17th — SCHOOL CLOSED: TEACHER IN SERVICE DAY
- July 4th — SCHOOL CLOSED: INDEPENDENCE DAY
- August 12th — SCHOOL CLOSED: PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT DAY
- September 5th — SCHOOL CLOSED: LABOR DAY
Father’s Day Olympic Celebration (Friday, June 10th @ 3:00 PM)
Calling all dads – uncles – grandpas! We’re honoring the special men in our little ones lives with a special celebration on Friday, June 10th. Please RSVP for this super fun event on your child’s classroom door. Anyone is welcome to attend to participate with your child. Be sure to bring your competitive edge, as well!
Last Day of 2015-2016 School Year (June 16th)
- Pre-K Park Play Day (9:30 — 11:45 AM)
- Pre-K1 & 2 students will celebrate their last day as Pre-K students at park. Please be sure to look out for the permission slip to complete and return for this event. Students will eat snack & then make their way to the park. Students will need to pack a sack lunch this day, as they will be returning to the school after their picnic lunch.
- Pre-K1 & 2 Graduation Ceremony & Reception (5:00 – 7:00 PM)
- Graduation begins at 5:00 PM and will be held on the Small Playground. Please RSVP your # of guests by June 10th at the front desk.
- Dress attire for graduates — we will be hosting a Rock’n’Roll themed ceremony, so please send your child in blue jean shorts/skirt/pants. We will provide the shirt they will wear for the ceremony.
- Reception follows the ceremony. Please sign up for this potluck event in your child’s classroom.
- Last Day of School— This is our last day of care for the 2015-2016 school year. Please be sure to take home all of your child’s belongings. We do not want to misplace anything on our Teacher-in-Service day during the transition of classrooms. This is the easiest way to assure everything remains with its rightful owner.