From the Principal’s Office
Dear Merryhill Families,
Welcome! I want to share with you how excited I am to have all of you joining our Merryhill family for the 2016-2017 school year. Whether you are a new face around the community or a long term family member, it is a new school year for all of us! I am so happy you have chosen our school to share many memories and moments with! We have so much planned for this school year, and as always, I am sure we have plenty of unplanned events that will occur, as well!
Transition and change are the only constant in life, but we make it one of our top priorities to assure that it is as smooth as possible for your child and your family. You will want to familiarize yourself with your child’s classroom. Your child has a cubby that will hold all of his/her personal belongings. Our Beginner 2 and older classrooms will have water bottle buckets to place water bottles for outside. Please be sure to ask your child’s teacher to help you with becoming familiar with the classroom. They will share with you where the Parent Board is. This important area will host the Lesson Plan, Daily Schedule, Learning Outcomes, and an updated daily “What We Learned Today!”. This is definitely worth checking out!
We will use this summer to ease you all into your classrooms, so please do not hesitate to ask any questions. If you feel overwhelmed or out of the loop, we are here to assist you! We do this every year, so it is second nature to us!
As always, please feel free to contact me at your convenience if you have any questions or comments. Thank you!
Jherica McEndree, Principal
Dates to Remember:
- July 1st — Soda Works @ 10:00 AM
- July 4th — SCHOOL CLOSED: INDEPENDENCE DAY
- July 11-15 — Minikicker Soccer Camp (Sign Up Online! Details in the Lobby!)
- July 21st — Campfire with Music Matt @ 6:00 – 7:30 PM
- August 12th — SCHOOL CLOSED: PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT DAY
- September 5th — SCHOOL CLOSED: LABOR DAY
July 21st: Campfire with Music Matt (6:00-7:30 PM)
- This potluck event will be held inside! You are invited as a family to come enjoy a singalong with Music Matt. The children will enjoy the entertainment, while parents can mingle and get to know each other a bit better. This is a great chance to make new friends or catch up with old ones! Please sign up at the front desk to bring a pot luck dish!