From the Principal’s Office
Dear Merryhill Families,
We are off to an amazing start to the school year! From a family campfire with Music Matt to supporting our City of Davis Police Department which prompted a surprise visit of appreciation from the Police Officers — the first month of this year has been busy and exciting! The learning that the students are experiencing is already impressing me — as the excitement rings throughout the school!
Have you had a chance to download our Links 2 Home app yet? Our proprietary Links 2 Home app is designed to tie in more closely with our Links to Learning curriculum. The app gives you the ability to:
- Easily view and share all photos, notes and daily reports for every child in your family
- Provide drop-off information to your child’s teacher
- Receive real-time drop-off/pick-up notifications
- Report child absences
Simply download the iOS or Android version and create an account using the email address that is on file with our school. (Both parents are able to create accounts.) If you would like anyone else to have access to the application, please let me know so that I can make sure their information is properly authorized. Additionally, if you are not receiving your daily notifications, please inform me so that I can correct this error, as well. We hope you enjoy using the Links 2 Home app. Feel free to contact me with any questions or feedback as we strive to continuously improve our communications with you, our valued families.
Moving forward with the month, we have another family event on Wednesday, August 17th. Our International Festival will bring cultural performances and games. You are invited to sign up to bring a pot luck dish to represent your family’s culture! Also, we have a spirit week on August 22-26th. Please be sure to check out the calendar for specific dates. Also, PICTURE DAY is TUESDAY, AUGUST 30TH!!
As always, please feel free to contact me at your convenience if you have any questions or comments. Thank you!
Jherica McEndree, Principal
Dates to Remember:
- August 1-5– Master Chef Jr. with Merryhill Camp!
- August 9 — Puppet Show @ 10:00 AM
- August 12th — SCHOOL CLOSED: PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT DAY
- August 17th — International Festival @ 6:00 – 7:00 PM
- August 22 – 26: SPIRIT WEEK
- Monday: Neon Day
- Tuesday: Hawaiian Day
- Wednesday: Pajama Day
- Thursday: Crazy Hair Day
- Friday: Sports Day
- August 30th — Picture Day
- September 5th — SCHOOL CLOSED: LABOR DAY
- September 9th — Grandparents Day @ 9:45 AM
Wednesday, August 17th (6:00-7:30 PM): International Festival
- You are invited as a family to come enjoy a cultural celebration! The children will enjoy the entertainment, while parents can mingle and get to know each other a bit better. This is a great chance to make new friends or catch up with old ones! Please sign up at the front desk to bring a cultural pot luck dish!