From the Principal’s Office
Dear Merryhill Families,
No tricks about it, this month is sure to be a treat! We have officially started the holiday season, and we are more than excited to get started with this time of year. Our excitement goes beyond festivities, as educators. We have entered the time of year where we are really starting to develop skills that we introduced in the first part of the year.
Additionally, we are opening our doors for more family events and festivities, so please be sure to keep an eye on the calendar. Please take note that I have uploaded the calendar for the remainder of 2016, which can be accessed on our Monthly Calendar page. This next month, I will post the remainder of our school year’s events up until June 2017 for your review. I know that there is always a bunch going on in our lives during this time, so I am trying to give as much notice as possible for those of you who would like to check it out!
This month is no exception to busy! Every Tuesday, you will see our staff wearing PINK in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and we welcome your child to join us in honoring this cause. October 10th will begin National Fire Prevention Week. You will be receiving numerous handouts regarding this month’s festivities, including: Boo Treat Orders (Due Oct. 21) and the Trick-R-Table Event, which you may sign up to participate in on October 31st at 10:00 AM. Students are encouraged to wear their costumes this day, as they parade around the school collecting treats from fellow parents.
I am excited to start this season; however, I completely understand how it may be a bit overwhelming with everything that is going on. So, as always, please feel free to reach out with any questions or comments that I can help you with. My door is always open.
Jherica McEndree, Principal
Dates to Remember:
- October (Every Tuesday): Wear Pink!
- October 12th: Pre-K1 & Pre-K2 Fieldtrip to Bobby Dazzler’s Pumpkin Patch
- October 21st: Boo Treat Orders Due
- October 21st: Parent’s Night Out (6:00-9:00 PM)– Sign Up with the Office
- October 31st: Trick-R-Table Event (10:00 AM)
- November 16th: Friendship Feast & Festival (5:00-7:00 PM)
- November 24 & 25th: School Closed
- December 9th: Polar Express Party (3:00 PM) — Children will perform!
- December 10th: Parent’s DAY Out (10:00-2:00 PM)
- December 26th: School Closed
- January 2nd: School Closed (For remaining school closures, please visit our School Year Calendar)
Friday, October 21st: Parent’s Night Out (6:00-9:00 PM)
- Allow us to treat you by extending your child’s day with us! Sign up at the front desk, and your child will be provided dinner and an evening of fun while you enjoy the evening for yourself. Whether you use it to catch up on those forgotten tasks, spend some time with a special someone, or simply RELAX is up to you, but please take advantage of this fun opportunity!
Monday, October 31st: Trick-R-Table Event (10:00 AM)
- We welcome parent volunteers to help us with this event, as the children will parade around the school in their Halloween costumes. Each volunteer will receive a tri-fold board to festively decorate for the children’s enjoyment. Please feel free to sign up or ask further questions at the front desk.