I know it is hard to believe, but this is our last full month of the school year. The year has flown by and summer is quickly approaching. If you have not already done so and are planning on attending our Summer Session, please stop by the front desk to pick up or turn in your summer paperwork.
The Week of the Young Child was a huge success. We enjoyed reading your wishes for your children on our wishing wall and seeing all of the creative outfits that your children chose on our free dress day. Some of the other highlights of the week included a visit from Rad Tad to learn about water safety and the photo booth, where we saw some pretty silly poses and props being used. We wrapped up the week with our annual Art Festival, complete with a delicious dinner prepared by Mrs. Louis-Jacques, a balloon artist, snow cones for dessert and best of all, family fun! Thank you so much for joining us.
A few dates to mark on your calendars:
- Teacher Appreciation Week is the week of May 1-5. Feel free to get creative and show your child’s teacher how much you appreciate all of the hard work that she puts forth each day.
- Friday, May 5th is Cinco de Mayo. Please join us between 11:30-12:30, on the back playground, for a quesadilla and rolled taco lunch.
- Calling all moms, grandmas, aunts, etc. Please join us on Friday, May 12th, from 8:15-9:00 am for a breakfast in honor of you, the amazing women that you are.
- Friday, May 12th is our last Pizza Friday of the school year.
- We will be closed on Monday, May 29th, in observance of Memorial Day
- Graduation for our Pre-K and Kindergarten students will be held on Friday, June 2nd. Ceremonies will be held at the following times: Pre-K=9:00 am, Pre-K2=10:00 am, Kindergarten=11:00 am. There will be no school or before/after care for your children on this day. First grade students will also be excused from school. Ceremonies will be held at Green Valley Baptist Church: 270 N. Valle Verde Dr. Henderson, NV 89074.
- Thursday, June 8th, is our last day of school, with a dismissal time of 11:45 am. We will be closed on Friday, June 9th, and our summer session will begin on Monday, June 12th.
We are looking forward to a wonderful closure to the school year and a fun-filled summer with your children.
If you have any questions regarding the dates and events above, please see myself or Mrs. Louis-Jacques.
From our Education Department