We have a wonderful celebration to share about our school. We were voted “Best of the Best” Preschool in Keller for 2017. We appreciate our amazing families, staff and community for voting for our school. Words cannot express how delighted we are to represent this honor in Keller.
Our school year is off to a great start. These past few weeks we have focused on strong connections among our teachers and students. Connections are so important to encourage long lasting learning. If a child is disconnected, they have a difficult time learning. During our most recent Professional Development Day, we learned about cues that the children and even adults give, that we can recognize to adapt our approach as partners in your child’s early education. During the month of October we will offer a parent seminar on some of these techniques to strengthen our school family as a whole. We hope you will join us.
Just a reminder that on Monday, September 4th, our school is closed in observance of Labor Day. We hope that you have a safe a wonderful 3 day weekend. On the 10th of September, we celebrate Grandparents Day. We have so many amazing grandparents as a part of our school family and want to extend a sincere gratitude to you. Our classes will be working on something special for all grandparents and can’t wait to share them with your family. The next day, September 11th, we encourage you to wear Red, White and Blue in remembrance of 9/11 and those whose have lost their lives. Something we have added this school year is the daily raising and lowering of our flag in the front of our school. Each day, one of our school age children assists in this task and learns about flag etiquette. Over the upcoming weeks, we are continuously analyzing the needs of the Hurricane Harvey victims and will be doing some local events in support of this cause. Stay tuned for more details.
We are very excited about this school year and the journey your child will experience here at Merryhill School of Keller. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any questions.
Anita Johnson, Principal
Shirley Gent, Assistant Principal
- Please remember to bring extra changes of clothes for your child (please include a change of underwear, socks & shoes). We especially need extra clothes for sizes 2, 3, & 4 (boys and girls), any donations would be greatly appreciated!
- Check this website if we have a closing due to weather!!!
- Per state licensing, please send your child in closed-toe and closed-heel shoes; such as, sneakers. This will help prevent your children from being injured.
- Please remember to sign your child In and Out daily.
- For the safety of all our children, it is required that a parent/adult escort your child to their classrooms. Please also remember an authorized adult (18 years and older) must sign children out for the day.
Elementary Age After School & Camp Program
Please consider us for your child’s after school program! We pick up at the following elementary schools:
- Keller ISD: Whitley Road, Freedom, Florence, Willis Lane and Shady Grove
- Birdville ISD: Green Valley
Winter, Spring & Summer Camp full day schedules
The holidays are steadily approaching. We offer continued educational activities and care for your school age child during the school holiday breaks. Stay tuned for the upcoming information for the Thanksgiving, Winter and Spring Break calendars. Additionally, we service our schools on teacher in-service days and early release days. During the month of September, Birdville ISD has an early release on September 22nd and we will be providing transportation for them at the early release time. Be sure to check our calendar for more information.