Happy spring Merryhill families,
Spring is in full swing. The weather is gorgeous outside and we are certainly enjoying our outdoor time here at school. Even our littlest ones are enjoying walks in the stroller and sunny day activities.
As we said good-bye to March, we recap on some amazing experiences the children and families participated in. We started the month celebrating Dr. Seuss’ birthday with a visit from the Cat in the Hat. He and his assistant spent the morning reading with our students. St. Patrick’s Day was celebrated with a bag piper, who played for us and taught us more about different cultures, traditions and wardrobe. Rumor has it that we may have even caught a leprechaun or two with the amazing traps that our pre-k and kindergarten students created. Our pre-k students blasted off in the rocket ship that they built during space week. We finished out the month with our family Spring Fling. We enjoyed snow cones, an egg hunt, games, and a visit from a spring bunny. What a great time to spend together growing relationships with each other.
Thank you to the Lowe family for the beautiful cookie bouquet that was delivered for our staff. We appreciate the kind words and sweet gift. We will certainly enjoy it.
As we move into April, please take note of the following dates:
- Friday, April 5th, is Fun Friday–This month’s Fun Friday lunch is Wendy’s. If your child would like to participate, please check with the front desk to ensure that his/her lunch has been reserved.
- April 8th-12th is the Week of the Young Child–We will have activities planned daily for your children to participate in. More information will be sent out on Links 2 Home after the first of the month.
- Rad Tad will be joining us on Wednesday, April 10th, to remind us of the importance of water safety.
- Friday, April 12th, classroom spring parties–Please check with your child’s teacher for classroom specifics.
- April 15th-19th is spring break–If your child will be joining us, please be sure to stop by the front desk by close of business on Wednesday, April 3rd to reserve his/her spot. Availability is not guaranteed after this date.
- Monday, April 22nd, Earth Day–We will be celebrating Earth Day with the planting of fruits and vegetables in our garden. We cannot wait to see what grows.
Plans are well underway for next year. If you are interested in our kindergarten program for the 2019-2020 school year and have not yet registered, please do so by Thursday, April 4th.
Plans for our summer program are being made. You should’ve received the summer camp brochure via Links 2 Home at the end of March. Please make sure to turn in your summer plans no later than April 30th so we can plan accordingly.
If you have questions about any of the above dates, please do not hesitate to reach out to Mrs. Louis-Jacques or myself.
From our Education Department