Hello Merryhill families and welcome to a fabulous new school year.
We have a couple of weeks under our belt now and I have to say, it has gone rather smoothly. Some tears and apprehension with new teachers, new classrooms and for some, a brand new experience, but everyone is now acclimated and there are many more smiles and much excitement as the children are entering and exiting the building. This is going to be a great year!
Everyone should have received two calendars prior to the start of the new school year; a school closure calendar and a calendar of events. If you do not recall receiving this email from Mrs. Louis-Jacques, please stop by the front desk to obtain one or both calendars. There are a lot of important dates that we want to be sure you are aware of.
The following are the important dates for you to take note of during the month of September:
- Monday, September 2nd, closed for Labor Day.
- Thursday-September 5th-6:30-7:30 pm, Back to School Night. The teachers will be sharing important information with you so we respectfully ask that children do not attend.
- Friday, September 6th-8:15-9:00 am, Grandparents’ Day Breakfast. All grandparents are invited to join us for breakfast in celebration of you and the important role you play in a child’s life.
- Wednesday, September 11th, Red, White and Blue Day. In celebration of Patriot Day, your child is invited to switch things up a bit and wear any red, white or blue ensemble of their choice. Uniforms are not required today if your child is participating in our special dress day.
- Friday, September 13th, Fun Friday-Port of Subs. If your child would like to participate in our Port of Subs Fun Friday lunch, please stop by the front desk to sign up if you have not already done so. If your child has a preference of turkey or ham, please be sure to let the front office know prior to September 11th.
- Monday through Friday, September 16th-20th, Scholastic Book Fair. Stop by the book fair to check out the wonderful selection of books for sale.
Soccer and music classes will begin in September. If you would like more information on either of these programs, please check with the front desk.
I am looking forward to a wonderful school year with your families. Thank you for choosing Merryhill Preschool for your child’s school. We are truly honored.
Mrs. Luther, Principal
From our Education Department