A Message From the Principal:
Welcome to a whole new school year at Merryhill Preschool! This month we will be welcoming many new students to our Merryhill family. I encourage each of you to connect with each other by saying hello to someone that you have never met. This is how lifelong friendships begin. From the big smiles and giggling voices that have filled our school over the past two months, it is evident that your children enjoyed the exciting summer activities. Thank you all for your participation in all of our fun Summer Events.
The month of September will be filled with many special events including our Lifetouch School Pictures, Crazy Sock Day, Pajama day, Pirate Day and Comic Book Day. We will also be conducting our Mixed Bag Fundraiser.
Your children have begun their transitions to their new classrooms and are very excited about all of the fun projects and experiences that their teachers have planned for them. Please take some time to explore your children’s new classroom, meet the teachers and let your child give you a tour, which will boost their self-esteem.
Thank you all for being a very important part of the Merryhill Family!
Tammy Wells- Principal
Special Events/Theme Days* (Every Tuesday is Merryhill Spirit Day -Wear a Merryhill Shirt**)
- Monday, September 2nd – Labor Day – School Closed
- Wednesday, September 4th – Crazy Sock Day
- Thursday, September 5th – Try out soccer this morning
- September 9th, 10th, 11th & 12th – School Picture days (1 volunteer per day needed to assist the photographer & each volunteer will receive1 free photo package)
- Monday, September 9th -Infant and Pre-K A Picture Day (1 Volunteer Needed)
- Tuesday, September 10th – Toddlers & Beginner A Picture Day (1 Volunteer Needed)
- Wednesday, September 11th – Intermediate A, Intermediate B & Beginner B Picture Day (1 Volunteer Needed)
- Thursday, September 13th – Pre-K C & Pre-K 2 Picture Day (1 Volunteer Needed)
- Tuesday, Septemebr 10th – Soccer starts
- Friday, September 13th – Pajama Day
- Thursday, September 19th – Talk and Dress Like a Pirate Day
- Wednesday, September 25th – Dress like your favorite comic book character
- Thursday, September 26th – Johnny Appleseed Day
- Thursday, October 31st – Trunk or Treat “Spooktacular” Event 10-11:30 am (Many volunteers needed to decorate your cars & hand out treats)
*Events/Visitors will be added as they are confirmed. Please check the online calendar, e-mail reminders and the front window for events.
** Merryhill Spirit Shirts are now available for purchase $10 each!
Trunk or Treat Extravaganza: On Thursday, October 31st, beginning @ 10:00 am we will be going on our Trunk or Treat Field Trip to our Preschool Parking Lot. We are asking for parent volunteers to decorate the trunks of their cars and give away goodies to the children. (non-nut products for up to 200 children please)
Links 2 Home App Usage
We know that it is a busy time for our families, and want to communicate school happenings as clearly as possible to ensure that no one is left out. Daily reports are sent via email each day, but our Links 2 Home app keeps all school communications in one place and is always accessible. The app also allows to you communicate absences to your child’s teacher, leave drop-off notes, and read teacher and administrative notes in detail.
If you’re not a current app user, we encourage you to visit the Apple App Store or Google Play Store to download the app today. You will need to login with the email address you use for Alma. Please let us know if you have issues logging into Links 2 Home!
Safety First: We would like to remind you of a few security measures that we need your assistance with in regards to school safety.
- It is extremely important that you sign your child in and out each day. This is a legal document verifying that your child was checked in and out of school for the day.
- Please make sure all doors close securely behind you when you leave a room or the building.
- Please refrain from exiting through the Emergency Exit Door to the parking lot. (We do not want the children to think it is okay to use this door.)
- Please do not give out your door code to anyone other than the primary people on your pick up list.
- Please do not allow “piggy backing” at the front door. If there is someone behind or in front of you that does not know the code, please ring the door bell, which is located above the key pad.
- If you know in advance that someone other than your normal approved designated pick up person will be picking up, please complete a Pick Up Notification Form at the front desk or call/e-mail us to notify us of the change.
- If you change your cell phone number, please update this on your child’s Emergency Card.
Parking Lot Safety: Please remember not to leave any valuables in your car (including your children) when entering our building or any other location. Please do not leave anything of value or that resembles a purse or bag in plain view in your car, for any amount of time! This includes your children!
Vacation Policy: I would like to take a moment to remind you of our Vacation Time Request Policy. We offer 1 week of Vacation Credit per school year. This year’s inclusive school year dates are July 1, 2019 thru June 30, 2020 This week is inclusive/reflective of your child’s schedule. We require 30 days advance notice to process the Vacation Request, which includes auditing the records to make sure a previous Vacation Credit has not been issued this school year. Please submit all vacation requests in writing or via e-mail a minimum of 30 days prior to your requested Vacation Time. Your child must be enrolled a minimum of 6 months to qualify for the Vacation Credit.
Change of Seasons: With the change of seasons please remember to update your child’s clothing in their cubbies. If they have difficulties keeping their jackets on while outside, we recommend bringing a pullover sweatshirt or sweater. Also please label all of their items so lost items can be returned to their owners. All children are required to have a fitted sheet for their nap mats as well as a blanket. The sheets and blankets must be taken home each Friday and laundered and then returned on Monday.
Enrollment Schedules: Our 5 full day schedule gives your child access to every event at our school, and we encourage our students to attend school on a 5 day a week program to gain the highest benefit from our Links to Learning curriculum. Switching days, so your child may participate in special activities or events may not always be accommodated. If you have previously signed up for a part time schedule and would like to increase your schedule, please notify the office as soon as possible. Spaces are limited!
Flu Season and our Illness Policy: As you know the flu season seems to be never ending this year. I wanted to remind you of Merryhill’s illness policies as well as some tips and guidance for sick children (and adults of any age). Please help us by notifying us when your child or a member of your household has been diagnosed or has symptoms of an illness so we can be aware and pro-active on our end. – Thank you for working with us to keep everyone in our Merryhill Community safe and healthy! We are being vigilant about our cleaning and disinfection practices in every classroom and all common areas.
On Time Tuition Payments / Late Payment Fees / Payment Options: I would like to thank all of you for paying your Tuition each week in advance. As you are all aware, Tuition payments are due at the beginning of each week. Any payments received after your child’s first day of attendance each week will be charged an additional late fee of $25. To save you time and the headache of having to remember your checkbook every Monday, it is now possible to set up an automatic payment program. This can be set up online through ALMA or through us. Please speak with Ms. Tammy, Ms. Pauline or Ms. Nadia and they will assist you in registering for this convenient program.
We Are a Nut-Free School: Please do not send your child to school with items that contain nuts. We will have to return the items to you at the end of the day. Thank you for being considerate of our children who have nut allergies and working with us to keep our school safe for everyone.
From Our Education Department: