News from the Principal’s Office:
November is such a great to time reflect on all the wonderful things that have happened here at Merryhill and also things that are coming up. We are so thankful for all the support and commitment from the parents, it’s our families who have made our school such a success. This month we will be having our annual Friendship Feast on November 18th from 11:30 pm to 12:15 pm. We will be celebrating our annual multi-cultural potluck to share with family and friends. The teachers and children are hard at work practicing their songs and working on skits. We hope you are able to make it to the feast. Don’t forget to set your clocks back on Sunday November 6th, and enjoy that extra hour of sleep.
We would like to thank all the parents that who participated in our annual Trick or Table event. Also all the parents who donated items for our Fall Raffle Baskets and made that such a great success. We will also be celebrating Mickey Mouse’s Birthday and the 100th day of school on November 9th. the children are encouraged to make a shirt to wear that day with 100 items on it. We can not wait to see how our parents and children show off their creativity!
Mark your calendar for December 16th from 4:00 pm to 5:45 pm, for Cookies with Santa. This will be a great opportunity for you to take your child’s holiday photo. We will have more information as the event comes closer.
We would like to wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday!
5th Open House: from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm. This is for all new parents who want to enroll
8th Election Day: Don’t forget to vote
9th 100th Day of school: We will be celebrating with a fashion show and party
11th Veteran’s Day: SCHOOL IS CLOSED
17th Bake Sale: We will be selling some yummy treats for the thanksgiving season
24th-25th Thanksgiving Break: SCHOOL IS CLOSED
100th Day of School: This is a big celebration that we like to do here at Merryhill. For this celebration we ask that each child come to school wearing a special made t-shirt. This t-shirt should be plain in color and decorated with 100 objects on it, such as buttons, googly eyes, cotton balls.
FRIENDSHIP FEAST: November 18th from 11:30 am to 12:15 pm, join us for our annual Friendship Feast. We will be having a Multi-Cultural Potluck. We hope you can make it. Please look for more information as the day becomes closer.
BAKE SALE: We will be having a Bake Sale on November 17th. The children and teachers will be cooking up come yummy treats that you can purchase.
KIDS CAN FOOD DRIVE: We still have time to reach our goal of 500 can. please bring in non -perishable item by November 11th.
few friendly reminders …….
Health & Safety First:
- Upon arrival and during pick-up time, please make sure that you sign your child in and out in the sign-in/out binder located in the front office. All information must be completed on each line and be clearly legible. You must write a phone number each day where we can reach you immediately should there be a need for it.
- Should you require an alternate person to pick-up your child, please give a written letter to the office, stating the name of the person who is authorized to pick up. Please inform the person picking up the child that they must provide a valid form of identification with photo. A staff will ask for I.D. to properly identify this person as someone who is authorized to pick-up your child.
- It is very important that you make contact with the teacher on duty when arriving or picking-up your child. This will help you better understand how your child’s day went and allow you time to ask any questions and/or voice any concerns you may have.
- Please make sure to carefully review our Sick and Medication policies. Our goal is to maintain a healthy environment for all our children and staff. We are asking you to abide by our sick policy as we will continue to enforce those policies with every enrolled student. Although their symptoms may not abide by the sick child policy, the school administration will determine when a child needs to go home according to their well being. On occasion, symptoms may be outside the parameter of our Sick Child Policy, at that time the school administration will contact you if we feel your child needs parental care.
- With the exception of our infant population, children at Merryhill Preschool will be involved in physical fitness activities, both indoors and outdoors, as an important part of the curriculum. If a parent believes that his/her child is not well enough to participate, s/he will probably be more comfortable at home in more familiar surroundings. The school is not equipped to accommodate the needs of a sick child. Additionally, to prevent widespread flu in the school, we recommend that your child stay home from school if experiencing flu or cold symptoms.
- During the summer months we will try to maintain our playground schedule when weather permits. We ask that parents put sunscreen on the children before they come to school. We also ask that you maintain a bottle of sunscreen in your child’s classroom and teachers will reapply as needed.
- Please make sure all doors close securely behind you when you leave a room or the building. Please refrain from exiting through the Emergency Exit Door to the parking lot. (We do not want the children to think it is okay to use this door.)
Please do not give out your door code to anyone other than the primary people on your pick up list.
Please do not allow “piggy backing” at the front door. If there is someone behind or in front of you that does not know the code, please ring the door bell, which is located above the key pad.
Parking Lot Safety
Please remember not to leave any valuables in your car (including your children) when entering our building or any other location. With the slump in the economy, thieves are getting BOLD! They are taking part in a practice refer as “Smash and Grab”. They target mostly women’s cars who leave without a purse in hand who have left their purses, lap tops, etc. sitting in plain view in their locked vehicles! The “locked vehicle” does not stop them as they come prepared with a special glass breaking tool! They break your window, grab what they want and speed away!
Please do not leave anything of value or that resembles a purse or bag in plain view in your car, for any amount of time! This includes your children!
Rules for Vehicles While On School Grounds:
Because the safety of our children is of paramount concern to us, we require all parents to adhere to the following rules of the road while on campus:
- There is a 5 miles per hour speed limit at all times while on school property.
- Park in designated parking spaces only.
- While on school grounds, pedestrians always have the right of way.
- Vehicle ignitions MUST be turned off, and the keys removed, while parked on school grounds.
- Children may NOT be left unattended in a vehicle at any time or for any reason.
- Violations of these rules may result in a warning. If a violation is serious, or if violations continue, school personnel are authorized to take a tag number for a report to the local police.
Thank you for partnering with us to keep all of our children safe.
Tuition Policy Reminder:
- Tuition is due no later than Friday prior to the week of attendance. Tuition is considered delinquent at 12:00 PM on Monday. A $25 late fee charge will be assessed at that time and should be included in your payment. Tuition is continuous throughout the year. There are no deductions in tuition for absences, illness, or the holidays that are observed throughout the year. Each child is entitled to one week of vacation credit for each school year after attending school for six months. Requests for vacation credit must be presented in writing to the office at least two weeks in advance.
- A charge of $1 per minute will be assessed for children picked-up after 12:30 PM for half-day students, and 6:00 PM for full-day students.
- Sign up for our Automatic Payment Program and avoid late fee charges!
- Please make sure that your child has a crib-sized fitted sheet to cover his/her mat, a blanket, and at least two spare set of clothing in his/her cubby. On Fridays, you must take blankets and sheets home to be laundered and return them on Mondays. Please check your child’s cubby everyday for soiled clothing or other items that may need to be taken home. Please also make sure all items are clearly marked with your child’s name (clothing, sheets, blankets, sweaters and jackets, towels and bathing suits, etc.).
- We ask that your child wear appropriate shoes to School in order to protect them for potential injuries. Flip Flops are not permitted at school.
- Merryhill provides a hot lunch as well as a morning and afternoon snack. We do not provide breakfast, but we’ll be happy to assist your child with breakfast brought from home until 8:45 AM. If you would like your child to eat breakfast at school, he/she must arrive by 8:30 AM.
- Merryhill School is a NUT FREE environment, we ask that you not bring any food items into the school that contain nut products.
- In order to keep you informed of everything happening at Merryhill, please check the Merryhill Links to Learning Parent Board and students’ files located in each classroom, our monthly newsletter, and our website. In an effort to establish prompt communication with parents please make sure to provide us with an e-mail address for up-to-date e-notifications.