A Message From the Principal:
Welcome to the month of March!
February may be the shortest month of the year, but at Merryhill Preschool it was certainly one of our busiest months! February included school picture days, Parent’s Night Out, Valentine’s Day Celebrations and our Yankee Candle Fundraiser. We ended the Month with our biggest event of the year, our Family Literacy Fair which also marked the beginning of our Scholastic Book Fair, which will run through March 1st.
At Merryhill Preschool we are so proud of the fact that we are a true family. This is because of our partnership with all of you. Your participation in all of our events is greatly appreciated and welcomed.
Every Tuesday is Merryhill Spirit Day. We encourage all of our students and staff to wear their Merryhill Shirts on Tuesdays. Our new Merryhill Spirit Shirts have arrived and available for purchase at the front desk for $15 each. We currently have sizes 2T, 3T, 4T, XS and S.
It will soon be time to reserve your child’s spot for our upcoming 2019-2020 school year. Priority Registration will begin soon. Look for information coming your way this month. Don’t miss out!
Please read below for more information regarding upcoming events and themed dress up days
Thank you for being a very important part of the Merryhill Family!
Tammy Wells- Principal
Special Events/Theme Days* (Every Tuesday is Merryhill Spirit Day -Wear a Merryhill Shirt**)
- Saturday, March 2nd- Merryhill/ Star Wars Night at Stockton Heat Game (Discount & group tickets available)
- Friday, March 8th – School Closed for Staff Professional Development Day
- Thursday, March 14th – Sports Day – Dress in your favorite sports gear or team.
- Thursday, March 14th- Baseball by the Books special visit from SPLASH from the Stockton Ports.
- Friday, March 15th- Green Day- Wear Green & Jeans
- Monday, March 18th- Priority Registration Begins! It’s time to reserve your child’s space for the 2019-2020 School Year!
- Wednesday, March 20th – The Very Hungry Caterpillar day- Dress as your favorite story book character.
- Saturday, March 23rd – Open House for future enrolled families. 10am-1pm. Refer a family who enrolls and receive a free week of tuition after they have attended 90 days!
New Merryhill Spirit Shirts for Sale: Our new Merryhill Spirit Shirts have arrived and available for purchase at the front desk for $15 each. We currently have sizes 2T, 3T, 4T, XS and S.
Priority Registration: It is almost time to register for the 2019-2020 School Year.
We will be offering our Priority Registration Special to our current families for a limited time, so it is best to guarantee your child’s space by registering as early as possible. Look for the Priority Registration Packets in your child’s folder toward the end of the month.
Safety First: We would like to remind you of a few security measures that we need your assistance with in regards to school safety.
- It is extremely important that you sign your child in and out each day. This is a legal document verifying that your child was checked in and out of school for the day.
- Please make sure all doors close securely behind you when you leave a room or the building.
- Please refrain from exiting through the Emergency Exit Door to the parking lot. (We do not want the children to think it is okay to use this door.)
- Please do not give out your door code to anyone other than the primary people on your pick up list.
- Please do not allow “piggy backing” at the front door. If there is someone behind or in front of you that does not know the code, please ring the door bell, which is located above the key pad.
- If you know in advance that someone other than your normal approved designated pick up person will be picking up, please complete a Pick Up Notification Form at the front desk or call/e-mail us to notify us of the change.
- If you change your cell phone number, please update this on your child’s Emergency Card.
Parking Lot Safety: Please remember not to leave any valuables in your car (including your children) when entering our building or any other location. Please do not leave anything of value or that resembles a purse or bag in plain view in your car, for any amount of time! This includes your children!
Vacation Policy: I would like to take a moment to remind you of our Vacation Time Request Policy. We offer 1 week of Vacation Credit per school year. This year’s inclusive school year dates are July 1, 2018 thru June 30, 2019. This week is inclusive/reflective of your child’s schedule. We require 30 days advance notice to process the Vacation Request, which includes auditing the records to make sure a previous Vacation Credit has not been issued this school year. Please submit all vacation requests in writing or via e-mail a minimum of 30 days prior to your requested Vacation Time. Your child must be enrolled a minimum of 6 months to qualify for the Vacation Credit.
Change of Seasons: With the change of seasons please remember to update your child’s clothing in their cubbies. If they have difficulties keeping their jackets on while outside, we recommend bringing a pullover sweatshirt or sweater. Also please label all of their items so lost items can be returned to their owners. All children are required to have a fitted sheet for their nap mats as well as a blanket. The sheets and blankets must be taken home each Friday and laundered and then returned on Monday.
Enrollment Schedules: Our 5 full day schedule gives your child access to every event at our school, and we encourage our students to attend school on a 5 day a week program to gain the highest benefit from our Links to Learning curriculum. Switching days, so your child may participate in special activities or events may not always be accommodated. If you have previously signed up for a part time schedule and would like to increase your schedule, please notify the office as soon as possible. Spaces are limited!
Flu Season and our Illness Policy: As you know the flu season seems to be never ending this year. I wanted to remind you of Merryhill’s illness policies as well as some tips and guidance for sick children (and adults of any age). Please help us by notifying us when your child or a member of your household has been diagnosed or has symptoms of an illness so we can be aware and pro-active on our end. – Thank you for working with us to keep everyone in our Merryhill Community safe and healthy! We are being vigilant about our cleaning and disinfection practices in every classroom and all common areas.
On Time Tuition Payments / Late Payment Fees / Payment Options: I would like to thank all of you for paying your Tuition each week in advance. As you are all aware, Tuition payments are due at the beginning of each week. Any payments received after your child’s first day of attendance each week will be charged an additional late fee of $25. To save you time and the headache of having to remember your checkbook every Monday, it is now possible to set up an automatic payment program. This can be set up online through ALMA or through us.Please speak with Ms. Tammy, Ms. Pauline or Ms. Nadia and they will assist you in registering for this convenient program.
We Are a Nut-Free School: Please do not send your child to school with items that contain nuts. We will have to return the items to you at the end of the day. Thank you for being considerate of our children who have nut allergies and working with us to keep our school safe for everyone.