A Message From the Principal:
Welcome to the month of April!
April will prove to be a month full of wonder and delight as we celebrate the Week of the Young Child. The Week of the Young Child is a special week designed to celebrate young children and to focus public attention on the needs of those children and their families. It is also a week that recognizes the early childhood programs and services that meet those needs. To celebrate the Week of the Young Child, our Merryhill Children will be involved in a variety of activities throughout the week.
This year we will be kicking off the Week of the Young Child with our Baseball by the Books Merryhill Family day at the Stockton Ports baseball game on Sunday, April 7th. We look forward to spending the afternoon with you there.
The Week of the Young Child will continue with special dress up days every day. On Monday morning from 10-11 your children will be dancing and participating in fun activities at our “Bubble Fun Dance Party” hosted by the Bubble Magic DJ group.
The following week we will host our Annual Spring Egg Hunt. Please sign up on your child’s classroom door if you are interested in donating stuffed eggs or to help us hide the eggs for the egg hunt.
Earth Day is Monday, April 22nd. On this special day our students will be participating in special activities that include planting, recycling and even a Lady Bug Release.Thank you to those of you who have reserved your child’s space for our upcoming 2019-2020 school year! Priority Registration is coming to an end and spaces are filling up quickly. If you have not yet reserved your space, please stop by the front desk to do so as soon as possible.
Please read below for more information regarding upcoming events and themed dress up days
Thank you for being a very important part of the Merryhill Family!
Tammy Wells- Principal
Special Events/Theme Days* (Every Tuesday is Merryhill Spirit Day -Wear a Merryhill Shirt**)
- Special Events/Theme Days*(Every Tuesday is Merryhill Spirit Day -Wear a Merryhill Shirt**)
- April 7th– 12th – Week of the Young Child
- Sunday, April 7th – Merryhill Family Baseball By the Books Ports Game 2pm (FREE TICKETS)
- Monday, April 8th– Sports Day – Dress is your favorite sports gear
- Monday, April 8th– Bubble Magic Dance Party @ 10am
- Tuesday, April 9th– Merryhill Spirit Shirt Day & Soccer begins
- Wednesday, April 10th– Princess and Superhero Day
- Thursday, April 11th – Dress as your favorite Animal Day
- Friday, April 12th – Story Book Day – Dress as your favorite story book
- Wednesday, April 17th– Annual Spring Egg Hunt
- Monday, April 22nd – Earth Day – Wear Green and Jeans
- Friday, May 10th – Mother’s Day Social – Big Event
- May 13th– 17th– Teacher Appreciation Week
- Monday, May 27th– School Closed – Memorial Day
- Friday, June 7th– Father’s Day Social – Big Event
- Thursday, June 13th– Last Day of the School Year Celebration Day
- Thursday, June 13th– Pre-K C & Pre-K 2 Graduation (6:30 PM)
- Friday, June 14th– School Closed for Staff in Service Day
- Monday, June 17th– First day of 2019-20 School Year & Summer
*Events/Visitors will be added as they are confirmed. Please check the online calendar, e-mail reminders and the front window for events.
** Merryhill Spirit Shirts are now available for purchase $15 each!
New Merryhill Spirit Shirts for Sale: Our new Merryhill Spirit Shirts have arrived and available for purchase at the front desk for $15 each. We currently have sizes 2T, 3T, 4T, XS and S.
Priority Registration: Thank you for being such an important part of the Merryhill Family! It is now time to register for the 2019-2020 School Year. It is best to guarantee your child’s space by registering as early as possible. Spaces are filling up soon and some already have a waitlist.
Kindergarten Kickoff: .This Summer we will be offering our Summer Kindergarten Kickoff Program for our Pre-K Graduates that will soon be starting Kindergarten in the Fall. Spaces are limited to 24 students. Please look for more information and a sign up sheet in the next few weeks.
Safety First: We would like to remind you of a few security measures that we need your assistance with in regards to school safety.
- It is extremely important that you sign your child in and out each day. This is a legal document verifying that your child was checked in and out of school for the day.
- Please make sure all doors close securely behind you when you leave a room or the building.
- Please refrain from exiting through the Emergency Exit Door to the parking lot. (We do not want the children to think it is okay to use this door.)
- Please do not give out your door code to anyone other than the primary people on your pick up list.
- Please do not allow “piggy backing” at the front door. If there is someone behind or in front of you that does not know the code, please ring the door bell, which is located above the key pad.
- If you know in advance that someone other than your normal approved designated pick up person will be picking up, please complete a Pick Up Notification Form at the front desk or call/e-mail us to notify us of the change.
- If you change your cell phone number, please update this on your child’s Emergency Card.
Parking Lot Safety: Please remember not to leave any valuables in your car (including your children) when entering our building or any other location. Please do not leave anything of value or that resembles a purse or bag in plain view in your car, for any amount of time! This includes your children!
Vacation Policy: I would like to take a moment to remind you of our Vacation Time Request Policy. We offer 1 week of Vacation Credit per school year. This year’s inclusive school year dates are July 1, 2018 thru June 30, 2019. This week is inclusive/reflective of your child’s schedule. We require 30 days advance notice to process the Vacation Request, which includes auditing the records to make sure a previous Vacation Credit has not been issued this school year. Please submit all vacation requests in writing or via e-mail a minimum of 30 days prior to your requested Vacation Time. Your child must be enrolled a minimum of 6 months to qualify for the Vacation Credit.
Change of Seasons: With the change of seasons please remember to update your child’s clothing in their cubbies. If they have difficulties keeping their jackets on while outside, we recommend bringing a pullover sweatshirt or sweater. Also please label all of their items so lost items can be returned to their owners. All children are required to have a fitted sheet for their nap mats as well as a blanket. The sheets and blankets must be taken home each Friday and laundered and then returned on Monday.
Enrollment Schedules: Our 5 full day schedule gives your child access to every event at our school, and we encourage our students to attend school on a 5 day a week program to gain the highest benefit from our Links to Learning curriculum. Switching days, so your child may participate in special activities or events may not always be accommodated. If you have previously signed up for a part time schedule and would like to increase your schedule, please notify the office as soon as possible. Spaces are limited!
Flu Season and our Illness Policy: As you know the flu season seems to be never ending this year. I wanted to remind you of Merryhill’s illness policies as well as some tips and guidance for sick children (and adults of any age). Please help us by notifying us when your child or a member of your household has been diagnosed or has symptoms of an illness so we can be aware and pro-active on our end. – Thank you for working with us to keep everyone in our Merryhill Community safe and healthy! We are being vigilant about our cleaning and disinfection practices in every classroom and all common areas.
On Time Tuition Payments / Late Payment Fees / Payment Options: I would like to thank all of you for paying your Tuition each week in advance. As you are all aware, Tuition payments are due at the beginning of each week. Any payments received after your child’s first day of attendance each week will be charged an additional late fee of $25. To save you time and the headache of having to remember your checkbook every Monday, it is now possible to set up an automatic payment program. This can be set up online through ALMA or through us.Please speak with Ms. Tammy, Ms. Pauline or Ms. Nadia and they will assist you in registering for this convenient program.
We Are a Nut-Free School: Please do not send your child to school with items that contain nuts. We will have to return the items to you at the end of the day. Thank you for being considerate of our children who have nut allergies and working with us to keep our school safe for everyone.