At Merryhill School we envision our students developing into kind and well-rounded adults who are effective leaders of themselves and in their community.
Our Staff, supported by our Merryhill School community, will fulfill this vision through a commitment to:
• Engaging students with a superior academic curriculum;
• Creating a caring, safe, and emotionally supportive learning atmosphere by promoting kindness and respect;
• Immersing our students through collaboration with our diverse community of students, their families, our staff, and the larger community both locally and globally;
• Educating the whole child so he/she develops academically, artistically, mentally, physically, socially, and technologically;
• Providing opportunities, giving guidance, and encouraging growth in, leadership skills at all grade levels.
“Developing tomorrow’s leaders!”
From the Principal
Thank you for your interest in Merryhill Elementary School in San Jose. I want to take this opportunity to share with you some important information about our school.
Since 1998, we have taken pride in providing a high quality private school education for children in kindergarten through fifth grade. Our parents have complimented us on our warm and enthusiastic teachers, our understanding of the needs of each child and our rigorous, standards-based curriculum.
Our mission is to provide an elementary education focused on developing a strong foundation for lifelong learning and achievement. We do this through instruction and project-based lessons that instill a love of learning, stimulate the development of higher-order thinking and cooperative learning, and encourage an appreciation of diversity, arts and culture.
Rich and challenging content is the foundation of our curriculum; however, we believe students need more than academic knowledge to achieve future success. Field trips are one way to help students make real life connections to lessons learned in the classroom. We take advantage of the rich resources in our area by visiting places such as the Monterey Bay Aquarium, Youth Science Institute and San Juan Bautista.
Learning and enrichment continues before and after school. Our extended day program runs from 3:30 to 6:00 pm, and includes fun and educational activities such as art club, homework help and chess. We understand life can be hectic, and are here to accommodate your busy schedule.
Please feel free to contact me to schedule a private tour. I look forward to meeting with you, gaining an understanding of your child’s educational needs, and discussing how we can work together to meet them.
Principal, Merryhill Elementary School