WELCOME BACK TO A NEW YEAR – 2017! We hope you had a wonderful holiday season! On behalf of the entire Merryhill School staff, Ms. Shirley and I would like to extend a special thank you to our families for your heartfelt holiday wishes and lovely gifts! Your thoughtfulness and generosity are much appreciated.
Our Share the Warmth Blanket Drive was a success! We collected and donated 106 blankets for local families in need through local mattress retailer Sleep Experts’ Share the Warmth campaign, which benefits CitySquare. Students from Merryhill Preschool’s after school program visited Sleep Experts to deliver the blankets, which will help local families sleep warm this winter. CitySquare’s mission is to fight the causes and effects of poverty through service, advocacy and friendship.
Now that the holidays are behind us, teachers will place strict focus on preparing their students for what lies ahead. Utilizing student observation records and assessments as a guide, teachers will hone in on each of their student’s individual needs and provide varied learning experiences, which will strengthen and challenge cognitive, social and emotional growth. Our goal is to ensure each child is confident in his or her ability and prepared with the necessary tools for a successful start in the next level of education.
Happy New Year!
Angel Ahlbrandt, Principal
Shirley Gent, Assistant Principal
- Please remember to bring extra changes of clothes for your child (please include a change of underwear, socks & shoes). We especially need extra clothes for sizes 2, 3, & 4 (boys and girls), any donations would be greatly appreciated!
- Check this website if we have a closing due to weather!!!
- Per state licensing, please send your child in closed-toe and closed-heel shoes; such as, sneakers. This will help prevent your children from being injured.
- Please remember to sign your child In and Out daily.
- For the safety of all our children, it is required that a parent/adult escort your child to their classrooms. Please also remember an authorized adult (18 years and older) must sign children out for the day.
Elementary Age After School & Camp Program
Winter, Spring & Summer Camp full day schedules
Please consider us for your child’s after school program! We pick up at the following elementary schools:
- Keller ISD: Whitley Road, Freedom, Willis Lane, Shady Grove
A Powerful Connection to a Lifetime of Learning
Your children experience the perfect balance of learning and play in a safe, nurturing environment. Our Links to Learning (LTL) curriculum prepares them for kindergarten by introducing concepts in reading, math, art, music and much more. You will receive progress updates, as well as ideas to continue learning at home.
You can expect to receive daily communication and pictures via email through our Links 2 Home program. And, we also encourage you to take a few moments each week to review your child’s classroom Links to Learning “Parent Board”, so you can “Link” to your child’s early education experiences. Posted are “Weekly Skills”, “Lesson Plan”, “Daily Schedule”, “Monthly Spanish” and “Learning Outcomes”.