Fall is upon us and with that comes amazing experiences for your child. This month we will be exploring pumpkins, changing leaves and the cooler temperatures. Later in the month, we will start a can good drive on National Food Day to provide food for a local food pantry. The class that donates the most canned goods during the drive will earn a yummy treat of their choice. Our community has many family friendly events during the month. With so many events in the area, we will be hosting our Festival on Saturday, November 4th. We hope you will join us for games, food and fun. Costumes will be welcomed.
KISD, BISD and ILT will all be closed on Monday, October 9th. Merryhill’s Campzone will be open for your child if needed. Ms. Arin has some wonderful activities planned for the day that your child will not want to miss.
On Wednesday, October 18th, we will host a parent seminar. We all have very busy schedules and sometimes are time is limited during morning and evening routines. During our seminar we will teach you some great tools to increase connection with your child even if you have just a couple minutes. We hope that you will join us. Please see the office for more information.
On October 31st, we will have our Fall Parties during your child’s afternoon snack time. Sign up sheets and more information will be available starting the 16th. Your child can wear their costume to school that day. No scary costumes or weapons please.
In the mornings, we anticipate to start seeing cooling temperatures and encourage you to check your child’s cubby for warmer extra clothes. Please consider a light jacket or sweater for the upcoming cooler mornings. State licensing requires that our facility provide opportunities daily for active play outdoors for all ages. Please see the office with any questions.
Anita Johnson, Principal
Shirley Gent, Assistant Principal
- Please remember to bring extra changes of clothes for your child (please include a change of underwear, socks & shoes). We especially need extra clothes for sizes 2, 3, & 4 (boys and girls), any donations would be greatly appreciated!
- Check this website if we have a closing due to weather!!!
- Per state licensing, please send your child in closed-toe and closed-heel shoes; such as, sneakers. This will help prevent your children from being injured.
- Please remember to sign your child In and Out daily.
- For the safety of all our children, it is required that a parent/adult escort your child to their classrooms. Please also remember an authorized adult (18 years and older) must sign children out for the day.
Elementary Age After School & Camp Program
Please consider us for your child’s after school program! We pick up at the following elementary schools:
- Keller ISD: Whitley Road, Freedom, Florence, Willis Lane and Shady Grove
- Birdville ISD: Green Valley
- ILT North Richland Hills Campus
Winter, Spring & Summer Camp full day schedules
The holidays are steadily approaching. We offer continued educational activities and care for your school age child during the school holiday breaks. Stay tuned for the upcoming information for the Thanksgiving, Winter and Spring Break calendars. Additionally, we service our schools on teacher in-service days and early release days. During the month of September, Birdville ISD has an early release on September 22nd and we will be providing transportation for them at the early release time. Be sure to check our calendar for more information.